Saturday, November 08, 2008

Losing it...

No, I'm not losing my mind, I'm losing weight! Yeah! I'm down about 8 pounds so far and still counting. Tomorrow I am doing a 5k walk with my walkin' buddy. It is supposed to be really cold and nasty though, so we are not sure we are going to do it. We have been walking an average of 4 miles/day about 4 or 5 days a week. So, I'm walking almost 20 miles per week! I love doing it and I feel so much better. I want to lose 5 more pounds before Thanksgiving; that is my next small goal. I have A LOT to lose, and I'm not going to post how much for several reasons. No one ever believes me anyway. But, I am so determined to lose it. This winter will be tough because we won't be able to walk outside as much so I will have to rely on myself to be motivated to walk on the treadmill. I am also enjoying Weight Watchers. It's really easy and it truly works. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. It's something I can stick to forever.

Well, we just celebrated my mom's birthday 3 days ago. This was the first major "first" we have had since she died. Now we have thanksgiving and Christmas. My dad is going to come for Thanksgiving weekend and spend it with us. That will be really nice. He went to dinner with family and friends on my mom's birthday to her favorite place, Outback Steakhouse. It's so funny, I didn't know that was her favorite (since we live in different towns and don't go to dinner much together) and it is also my favorite! I called my dad today and he sounded really down. He said it's so quiet in the house, and I know he misses my mom terribly. These next couple of months are going to be the hardest on him. I at least have my hubby and kids to keep me occupied...he is all alone. Please keep him in your prayers, and me too.

not much else going on around here. Keeping busy as usual. I will post again soon! Hope you all are well! I will post some new pics too.

Later!

2 comments:

nat said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I know how hard that is to do - but it helps when you have a partner who keeps you motivated! If you don't like the treadmill, a lot of schools or health clubs have indoor tracks (boring, I know) that can substitute in the winter.

I'm glad your dad is coming to your house for Thanksgiving. I can't even imagine how hard this has been on him. You are both in my prayers.

Me said...

Jamie--
I say this with only the kindest tone....but really you do NOT know the meaning of a LOT when it comes to the number of pounds needed to be lost. I will GLADLY trade you places! And oh my land, I can only dream of walking without pain.
I'm VERY VERY proud of you. And I will go so far as to say, I TRULY believe it is CRITICAL to have a weight loss buddy. There is NO WAY I could have lost the weight I did the first time without a lady named mary. I just really believe in my heart it THAT important. Keep up the great work!
Oh Jamie, I just can't imagine her birthday....it is just so unfair. I REALLY hope your dad is not left alone and is able to join you for all the holidays. This time of the year is so hard on so many people. I'm thinking about you and your dad. HUGS.