Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wow...

It's been a while huh?? Sorry, i have been so busy. Our computer has been giving us fits too. It's not working that great now either, so this may be short.

The holidays were good, but really different without my mom. I have been missing her so much lately. My dad really missed her on christmas day, and everyday, but Christmas was really hard for him. We were there with him most of the day though. sometimes it still doesn't seem possible that she is really gone, then i remember it is real. I still get that urge to pick up the phone once in a while to call her, and then I remember i can't. It is still a one day at a time thing. I will be going through genetic testing soon to see if I carry the gene, and my new OBGYN says a complete removal of all my "girl parts" is most likely in my future. she doesn't want to take any chances and niether do I. It's the best possible prevention there is. I so wish they could find a cure.

On a happier note....we are all fine here. Kids are doing well, and our little princess is growing like a weed. She has 2 teeth and sits on her own and is about to crawl any day now. She is so much fun for us all. Her brother's just adore her, as do my hubby and I. It was so fun to buy girl presents for Christmas!!! My first time!! Our family got a Wii for our big gift from Santa this year and we are loving it! I love the Wii Fit the most!!! Found it just by chance one day, and I'm so glad!!

well, better run for now. if any of you are on facebook, I'm on there a lot now.

Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

nat said...

Whew - I know that the holidays are hard. I'm glad that you and your dad were there for each other.

Before you go and have your innards removed - I hope that you consult with a gyne/onc. They are experts, and would best be able to advise you on if they believe that level of prevention is necessary. Second opinions, (and even third ones!) are always good, even if they end up telling you the same thing.

I'm waiting for the result of genetic testing as well - not sure how useful that will be in my case though! :)

Happy New Year! Enjoy your beautiful family, and enjoy every day!

Me said...

jamie--it's feb now.....still waiting new update LOL!