Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wow...it's been a while...

Sorry for the delay in post, as usual, I'm really busy and I'm also obsessed with Facebook, so that's where I am all the time. Anywho....to update on our lives around here.....

About 3 weeks ago, I decided that I was going to get my crap together and start losing weight. I joined the gym at the beginning of the year, but with all the craziness of sickness and kids needing me here and there, was never able to make it there. I have a trainer that I see once a month and every time I met with her my measurements didn't change, in fact one week they went up. However, I went home to visit family 3 weeks ago and while I was there I went to the gym with my friend and she talked me into doing a 10k with her. The catch...it was only 2 months away. So, I had to start busting my butt to be able to do it. So, I have been working out 6 days a week. 3 at the gym, 6 doing power 90, and walking 4 miles with my friend here as many days as possible. I have to tell you, I have never felt so good in my life. I am literally addicted to the exercise. This week, DD has been sick and I haven't been able to hit the gym, and I feel like crap. I have also been eating REALLY well and I feel so good from that too. As far as the 10k goes, I AM doing it, I'm signed up, but most likely I will be speed-walking, not running. My knees and feet and asthma can't take the running. But, I walk 4 miles 3-4 times a week, so what's 2 more miles. One thing that was really discouraging me was the fact that the scale wasn't budging. I was working out a TON, but no movement from the scale. I am a scale junky..I will get on that thing about 3 times a day and I'm trying to not do that. So, I ignored it for a few days, and low and behold...finally, it started moving. I'm down 5 pounds and I'm so excited about that. I noticed that my clothes were fitting differently before the scale moved, and I know that muscle weighs more than fat, but it's still so hard to not see those numbers move. I was supposed to meet with my trainer this last Monday, but had to cancel because DD is sick, so I don't know how many inches I have lost yet. but, I'm hoping it's a lot! I have another motivator and that is my Aunt getting married and i'm the Matron of Honor. I want to lose as much as I can before then and look good in the dress. Of course it's strapless. What else!! ;o) And get this...the wedding is only about 8 weeks away. Fun huh? So, I will continue to bust my butt and lose the weight. Wish me luck!!

DD is getting so big! She is almost 1!! I can't even believe it! She is very close to walking, but just doesn't have the desire to take that first step yet. She says, momma, dada, a couple of her brother's names, doggy, she points, plays catch, and loves to go outside, and especially loves to shop! I'm not kidding, everytime we are at a store, if she sees purses, she screams with excitement!! That's my girl!!!! ;o) We are going to have a Tinkerbell themed party for her in a couple weeks, I can't wait for my first girly party.

The boys are good, DS-1 continues to give us trouble in school, but we are hoping to just get him through to the High School where everyone tells us it will get better. Apparently the middle school here is the worst, so we will see! DS-3 is very excited to start Kindergarden this fall and so are we!

well DD woke up, so i have to cut this off for now. i will continue later.....

1 comment:

nat said...

Congrats on the 10k! You are an inspiration! I still struggle with motivation too.

I can't believe your daughter is almost 1 already. Sometimes it doesn't seem as though that length of time has passed.

Congrats to your aunt and her upcoming marriage!

Good luck with the training! :)