Monday, May 26, 2008

Mom...

My mom has been having horrible back pain for a few days and we thought it was just strain. Well, yesterday it was really hurting so my dad took her to the ER. While they were there they pulled up her scan from Friday and it shows that the cancer is not gone, in fact there is more. I think the stuff that was there has shrunk or is gone, but now there are new tumors in her abdoman, and one is on the back side which is causing her back pain. She still has to meet with the Gyn-onc doc on tuesday, so we don't know what the plan will be from here on out. Please pray for her as we are probably now facing more chemo/radiation and who knows what else. Please also continue to pray for my online friend Nat, as she is going through the exact same thing as my mother.

Thank you!
Jamie

4 comments:

Me said...

OMG Jamie.......I'm so very very sorry to hear that.....My heart just sank........will pray

nat said...

Crap. This is not what I wanted to hear about your mother. I am really sorry Jamie. This stupid cancer is such a roller coaster ride.

Remind her though - that this is not the end! There are many ways to battle this. I hope she has a great gyne/onc to guide her too. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. My experience is limited - but growing :)

Please let her know that I am praying for her (and you).

nat said...

Hi Jamie
Just checking in on you and your newborn and family. I sent you another e-mail, but I must have the wrong address. Mine is
survivingovca@gmail.com

No rush. I hope that everyone is doing well, and that your mom got some good positive treatment news.

Me said...

Jamie--please update us