Friday, February 27, 2009

Crazy Days!!

hi! It's me again!

I have been so busy with everything, I haven't had much time to blog. We have been sick around here like crazy and now our 11 year old has to have his tonsils out next week! Fun fun!! That's a long recovery I guess, so this should be interesting. I had pneumonia a few weeks ago, don't remember if I posted that before. Then we all had the stomach flu (again) last week. Even the baby got that this time and that was no fun!!

I'm doing ok when it comes to losing my mom. I have been missing her a TON lately. I think it's because I just had my birthday and that was one day out of the year that I KNEW she was going to call. She called me every year on my birthday and she always made a big deal out of it. This year, there was no phone call. That was really hard to take. My dad called of course, which was very nice. He also sent me 3 birthday cards! I got 1 everyday leading up to my birthday for 3 days. It was pretty cool and very thoughtful. My aunt (mom's twin) also called and she is taking me shopping next weekend. We were supposed to go last weekend, but I was sick. So, everyone is trying to help with the fact that my mom is not here to say Happy Birthday. I have to say that this one was the hardest so far out of every Holiday. Christmas wasn't even as bad as this. I just miss her so much right now. It's been 8 months, and it still feels like it was just yesterday. Most days are really good though, more good than bad, so I think that's a very good sign. I know we will get through this, it's just so hard. My dad is still so lonely and I feel horrible for him. Please keep us both in your prayers as we are quickly approaching the one year anniversary of her death.

Our DD is getting so big so fast! She is almost 10 months old already! It's crazy! She is so much fun! She is getting her own little personality and it's really neat to watch. She says 'momma' now! Yeah!! She has been saying "da da" for quite a while. Daddy loves to hear it, that's for sure!! She is a daddy's girl, there is no doubt.

The boys are doing pretty well, our oldest is having some issues with school, and we are probably going to put him back into a Private Christian school this next fall. He's going into 9th grade and we are seriously hoping he makes it there. We have even considered Military School and have even been in contact with one. We hope it doesn't come to that.

Well, I have to make lunch for the little ones!! Hope you all have a great day, and I will be in touch soon!

3 comments:

Me said...

Oh, I like your blog! NICE! That was super cool about your dad sending you cards like that for your birthday. You are in my thoughts a lot. Your daughter is getting so big......time sure does go by fast huh. Man, I'm telling you......something is up this year. I'm 99% sure I have had pneumonia and still fighting it PLUS DH has didn't go to work yesterday (thursday) cuz he was puking.....AGAIN.....the crap just doesn't want to stay away!

Amy said...

Hi,
I recognize you now from coming to your blog when I was trying to find one of my families from the Bohrer side. It is good to meet you. Your family is so cute and I hope to get to know you better through blogging or whatever. Take care- Amy Bohrer

Jamie said...

Great to meet you too! It's fun to meet new people that you otherwise would never meet. Hope to chat with you more! I would love to hear about your Bohrer family. ;o)